Spanning two generations and more than forty-eight years, Krautwurst Homes has earned a reputation of unsurpassed excellence. Hundreds of families throughout the Penfield and Webster areas enjoy the quality and comfort of their Krautwurst Home. Founded in 1959, Krautwurst Homes has established a reputation synonymous with comfort and luxury throughout the Greater Rochester and Finger Lakes Regions. Today, Alan Krautwurst carries on the tradition of his father and uncle with an uncompromising adherence to superior construction standards and customer service.
Canopy Trail is the latest neighborhood to be designed and built by Krautwurst Homes. Located off Phillips Road in Webster, New York, near beautiful Lake Ontario, Canopy Trail has earned the reputation of being one of the most desired addresses in the area. The moment you enter Canopy Trail is the moment you will realize this is a unique place to call home; a community of mature trees, quiet cul-de-sacs, and luxurious, executive-style ranches and capes designed to harmonize with the natural setting. Covering over forty acres with gently, winding streets and private cul-de-sacs, each home location is as desirable as the next. Water views, walk-out basements, mature trees, level open lots, large or small, and with nearly 25 new lots available in Phase II, a wide variety exists for your selection. With nearly eighteen acres reserved and designated as a conservation area with the town of Webster, you can rest assured your privacy, and the natural surroundings of Canopy Trail, will be preserved.
Another aspect of Canopy Trail is no two homes are alike, each reflects the unique preferences of the respective owner. Specializing in one-level living, Krautwurst Homes are both beautiful and functional, designed for your individual needs and desires. Alan Krautwurst will work with you from “concept to keys” to ensure you are thoroughly delighted with your new home. Each Krautwurst Home is unique. You will have Alan Krautwurst’s personal pledge and commitment to never build your plan again. Your design will remain with you to preserve your home’s individual character and charm. If you have a design in mind or need some help, let’s set up an appointment today to discuss your dream home.
Please call and then visit our newest model at 1380 Silverheel Run. At Krautwurst Homes, we build fewer homes to higher standards…Shouldn’t everyone?
Krautwurst Brothers, Inc.
Experience…As second generation builders, with over 45 years of experience, Krautwurst Brothers, Inc. has constructed hundreds of fine homes in Webster, Penfield, Canandaigua and Irondequoit. Krautwurst Homes can bring your dreams and visions alive…simply bring us your ideas or images, and we will help make them a reality.
Quality… Krautwurst Homes are most famous for uncompromising, superior construction standards. Only the finest craftsman work for Krautwurst Brothers, many are second or third generation themselves. Alan Krautwurst works closely with each of them to ensure a strict compliance to schedule, budget, and material quality while never sacrificing integrity. All Krautwurst Homes are 100% Energy Star qualified, offering immediate and future utility cost savings.
Personalized Service…You have the choice of customizing your dream home by selecting one of our spectacular lots and personalizing your home to fit its surroundings, or start designing your home plan and then select the perfect setting. Whether this is your first custom home or your last, you will work directly with Alan Krautwurst, the owner and builder, while he personally supervises the planning and construction of your Krautwurst Home. Working directly with the builder from “concept to keys”, ensures that your selections and changes are properly implemented, small issues never become big problems, and your home will be completed on time to the highest industry standards.
Krautwurst Brothers, Inc. is proud to be showing its newest neighborhood, Canopy Trail, featuring executive ranches and capes set within a lush canopy of trees in northeast Webster, just 2200 feet south of Lake Ontario. This unique natural setting of cul-de-sac lots, offers tranquil living on wooded sites nestled securely in a conservation district where no further development will take place. Canopy Trail enjoys a quiet rural atmosphere while providing convenient access to excellent schools, supermarkets and major stores.
Krautwurst stands for quality—and your house will be a symbol of fine design and craftsmanship for many years to come. When you work with Krautwurst Brothers, you not only have the distinct advantage of building a custom one-of-a-kind design, but also utilizing “green” building methods. All Krautwurst Homes are GREEN HOMES—ergonomically designed to provide a healthier environment for the homeowner and constructed to be environmentally friendly.
Right from the start, your new home will include a fine selection of luxuries and personal details. Other builder “extras” are standard features in a Krautwurst Home. The finest materials and extra touches will set your new home apart from others. Experience has taught us what people expect and deserve in a quality home.
- Each home can be custom designed to fit your lot with a choice of aesthetic front elevation styles
- 12″ block in a 12-course basement with Form-a-Drain, exterior and interior drains to ensure water runs away from the basement walls
- “Graywall” waterproofing on the exterior walls and “Platon” dimple wrap sheeting—the latest technology to ensure a dry basement
- Asphalt binder and concrete patio sidewalk slabs
- Underground utilities: sanitary sewers, electric, gas, water, cable, phone, and storm sewers on public roads
- Gutter downspouts connected to storm sewers
- Hydroseed lawn immediately surrounding the home (wooded areas will not be disturbed)
- Upgraded 30-year architectural roof shingles
- Choice of premier maintenance-free vinyl siding with a lifetime guarantee
- Andersen® thermopane windowalls with screens (grills on front elevation)
- Premium insulated exterior fiberglass doors
- Choice of maintenance-free insulated metal garage doors
- Seamless aluminum gutter with color coordinated to exterior
- Kiln-dried western Hem Fir framing lumber
- 7/16″ oriented strand board (OSB) side walls and 7/16” OSB roofs
- All truss joists (NO 2×10 floor joists)
- 5/8″ Advantek® glued and nailed subflooring
- Tyvek® HomeWrap® weather resistant barrier
- All concrete floors, garages and porches are sealed for strength and durability
- 6000 “Oak Heat & Glo” gas fireplace and fan unit with ample mantle and trim allowances
- Bathroom, powder room, dryer and range hood fans vent outside
- Choice of designer kitchen and bath cabinetry from Dells House of Kitchens, custom planned
- $800 appliance package
- Pro-compact, InSinkErator® garbage disposal
- Plate glass mirrors in bathrooms
- Ceramic tile floors in all baths and powder rooms—customer to personalize each home
- Choice of ceramic or solid oak hardwood foyer
- Hardwood floors in kitchen area
- Balance of flooring is generous carpet/vinyl
- Basement stairs are closed with fir treads
- Choice of 2 textured ceilings throughout house
- 2 coats of paint inside and out in ready mix colors
- Shower doors in master bath
- Schlage® interior and exterior locks
- Wood trim on all openings
- Choice of all paint colors, roof, brick, siding, tile, carpets, vinyl, kitchen and vanity selections to personalize your home
- Every home is built as an ENERGY STAR home
- Andersen Windowalls®—leaders in energy-efficient windows
- Continuous ridge vents, along with many cave, gable and roof vents, relieve unwanted moisture and ensure good airflow in the roof
- Fiberglass R-13 walls, R-38 ceiling, R-11 basement walls surpass local and state insulation requirements
- Insulated fiberglass exterior doors
- Insulated metal garage door
- 1.6-gallon flush water closets
- High recovery water heaters
- Industry leader Lennox 92% high-efficiency forced-air gas furnace with 5-year parts warranty
- Lennox air conditioning
- 200 amp service with circuit breakers
- $2,000 electrical light fixture allowance
- 220v. or gas line provided for range & dryer
- 4 telephones, 4 CATV jacks per home
- 6 recessed lights
- Switched duplex outlets in bedrooms, living room, family room
- Ground fault circuit interrupter duplex outlets in baths, powder room and garage
- Smoke alarm on all levels, all with a battery back-up for safety during a power outage
- Carbon Monoxide alarms installed on all levels
- Weatherproof front and rear exterior outlets
- Exterior light circuit at all entry doors
- Front and side doorbells
- Liftmaster® belt drive garage door opener
- Yard lamp post
- Low voltage work available upon request
- Moen faucet in kitchen
- Self-rimming china sinks with Moen single lever faucets in all baths
- White cast iron tubs with Kohler fixtures
- One laundry set-up with single lever shutoff valve and automatic sump pump where required
- Laundry room cabinets part of kitchen allowance
- 40 gallon water heater; 50 gallon with Jacuzzi
- 2 exterior water faucets with frost free hose bibs
- PEX water lines with Manabloc control center
- Instrument survey map supplied by builder
- Corners of lot are marked with permanent rods
- Home is cleaned before occupancy
- Job inspections welcomed by appointment
- Features are subject to change without notice
- Garages are drywalled and finished completely